Booker T. Washington High School has a very successful band program. In order to remain successful we must all invest both our hard-earned time and money into the program.
WHY DO WE HAVE TO PAY FEES?
Fees help us cover expenses for everything outside of classroom instruction: summer uniforms, spats, gloves, uniform dry cleaning, instrument purchase and repair, the purchase of music, halftime drill, choreography, equipment costs, travel (to games, competitions, festivals, etc.), instructors, bottled water, GatorAde at games, etc.
HOW CAN I MONITOR WHERE THIS MONEY IS SPENT?
Attend Booster meetings (online or in person) at 6:00PM on the 3rd Thursday of every month beginning in July to see your fees at work and hear about upcoming fundraisers. You can keep track of your student’s fees and payments at any time with our online Charms system, accessible from any computer, tablet, or phone with an Internet connection.
- $25 Summer/Fall Meeting Discount: Attend & sign in at 2 Booster meetings between June-November (in person or remotely) and we will take $25 off your first semester fees.
- $25 Winter/Spring Meeting Discount: Attend & sign in at 2 Booster meetings between January-May (in person or remotely) and we’ll take $25 off your 2nd semester fees.
- $50 Concession Fee Discount: Sign up, show up, clock in, & work one (1) concession shift on behalf of your student and this $50 fee will be waived completely.
- 1st Semester late fee: A $25 late fee will be applied if the first half of fees has not been paid by the start of Winter Break
- 2nd Semester late fee: A $25 late fee will be applied if the second half of fees has not been paid by the last day of school
- Cash/checks/money orders: All payments must be put in a labeled deposit envelope and dropped into the locked drop box in the band office wall.
- PayPal: Credit card payments can be made for fees and trips in Charms. Instructions can be found in our Google Drive (link below) titled “Charms How-To”.
- Automatic Monthly PayPal Payments: Don’t want to have to remember to make a monthly payment? Sign up for $25-$35 automatic monthly payments here: https://theplayingcats.com/monthly-billing/
- CashApp: $BTWHSband is our CashApp name. Please enter your student’s name, ID#, & what the payment is for in the memo line so we know where the money goes.
HOW MUCH DO WE PAY?
EVERY BTWHS STUDENTS ENROLLED IN A BAND CLASS:
- Band Fees: $300
- All annual band fees are listed in the student’s Trip Ledger in Charms
- The 2022-23 band fees have been set at $300 per student.
- Semester 1: $150 due before Winter Break
- DISCOUNT: attend & sign-in at 2 Booster meetings (in person or remotely) between July – November for this $25 discount.
- LATE FEE: $25 late fee will be added if 1st semester fee is not paid by Winter Break
- Semester 2: $150 due before last day of school
- DISCOUNT: attend & sign-in at 2 Booster meetings (in person or remotely) between January – May for this $25 discount.
- LATE FEE: $25 late fee will be added if 2nd semester fee is not paid by the last day of school.
- Semester 1: $150 due before Winter Break
- Concession fee: $50*
- All annual concession fees are listed in the student’s Fixed Payment Ledger in Charms.
- Every wind, percussion, and guard student will be charged a $50 concession fee in addition to the base $300 fees.
- *Waive this fee: This fee can be waived in its entirety after an adult signs up, shows up, and works 1 (one) football game in the BTWHS concession stand on behalf of the student. Any unwaived concession fees must be paid in full.
*ALL COLOR GUARD & MAJORETTE STUDENTS
- Color guard/majorette students will have an additional fee of $100 added to cover the cost of their field uniform.
- Guard/Majorette students will be responsible for purchasing their own shoes – details will be provided within the month.
- Fees owed by each Color Guard and Majorette student will total $400, with an additional $50 concession fee.
*All STUDENTS USING SCHOOL-OWNED INSTRUMENTS
- Instrument usage fee: $100
- If your student plays a school-owned instrument (tuba, percussion, French horn, etc.) you will be responsible for an additional fee of $100 per year.
- Fees owed by each student playing a school-owned instrument will total $400, with an additional $50 concession fee.
- You are responsible for repairs to instrument(s) that are damaged while assigned to you.