UWF Brass DayPublished: 2018-12-20 08:24:11 by jsmith
WHAT: UWF Brass Day 2019
- FREE EVENT - open to all middle school and high school brass players
- Lunch will be provided!
- Programming will include masterclasses, performances by UWF brass faculty, and clinician Allen Vizzutti
- Please pre-register by email. Send your name, age, instrument, and school attended to [email protected]
Deadline extended to sign up for tripPublished: 2018-12-11 14:02:04 by jsmith
Y'all are making this hard for us! We had quite a few new folks sign up for the trip last week. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to make that 2nd bus a for sure thing. It WAS enough people to make figuring out who gets cut a really tough decision.
Here's what we're going to do: the deadline to sign up for the trip has been extended to Friday, 12/14. You need to turn in $400 (two $200 payments have passed) and your signed contract by Friday, 12/14 to reserve your spot.
Parents, we're still looking to add a chaperone or two to the list so if you've worked with the kids before please feel free to sign up as well!
Honor Band Camp, 1/25-26Published: 2018-11-29 09:15:40 by jsmith
WHAT: Honor Band Camp
WHO: ALL wind and percussion students
5 things about lunch in the band roomPublished: 2018-11-13 12:24:26 by jsmith
- If you plan to spend your lunch period in the band room you must come immediately after the first bell. Do not come down the hall after that without a pass from your block teacher (no, we will not write you a pass). This is a school rule so please do not complain to us about it.
- You are not allowed to bring cafeteria food into the band room. You must bring your lunch if you want to eat in there. This is also a school rule. See previous item about complaints.
- You must bring directors a pass from your block teacher if you are in the band room during block outside of your usual lunch time. Again, this is a school rule - don't complain to us.
- You must clean up after yourself every time you eat in the band room. This is our rule. I don't recommend complaining about it.
- You will keep the noise down during lunch. Talking is fine; yelling (for fun or otherwise) is not. Practicing is fine; turning the amp up to 11 and trying to impress your friends is not. Drumming on a pad is fine; busting out a set of quads and disrupting classes all the way down to ROTC is not. You get the picture. This is our rule and if you would like to complain you can feel free to enjoy your lunch period in the cafeteria for the rest of the year.
ATTENTION: We are not participating in the Veteran's Day ParadePublished: 2018-11-11 18:17:47 by jsmith
Due to projected bad weather we will NOT be participating in the Veteran's Day Parade on Monday, 11/12.