2023-24 Audition Info
- Mon – Thurs, 4/3 – 4/6, 5:00 – 7:15pm**
- All students must attend the full 2 hour session every day.
- Students will check in at the band room, but all activities will take place outside.
- **8th graders will check in at 5:15pm
- **High schoolers will check in at 5:00pm
- All students should bring a $50 refundable deposit Monday 4/3
- This will be returned to all students that are not selected for the team
- Students that are selected for the team will have that $50 applied to their 2023-34 band fees
- All students should wear athletic style closing every day.
- White athletic shirts
- Black bottoms
- No jeans
- socks with athletic shoes
- No sandals, no Crocs
- Hair should be pulled back from your face
- No jewelry
- All students should bring an insulated, refillable water jug with their name on it.
Attention 8th Graders!
We know you get out of school pretty late in the afternoon and will need to eat and change clothes.
8th grade students should report to the BTWHS band room by 5:15pm.
High School Students!
All students currently enrolled in high school should report to the BTWHS band room by 5pm.
How are team members selected?
BTWHS Band instructors and staff will select the 2023-24 color guard team based on rubric scores that will take into account the following parameters:
- Attendance and punctuality
- Participation and attitude
- Teacher recommendations
- Aptitude AND willingness to learn new skills
- Willingness to follow instruction
We will teach you what you need to know!
New students do not need to know how to march, spin, or toss to attend auditions. We will work hard to teach you everything you need to know to be successful.
You DO need to commit time to this effort. You will be sent home with equipment to practice with – please take advantage of any extra time you have to reinforce what you learn at auditions.
We will add new skills and techniques every day, adding on to what you learned the day before.
Email instructors/staff here: