CHARMS is an online database where we store and easily interact with student contact information, student finances, instrument inventory, music inventory, and many other useful things. You’ll have full access to all of your student’s information through CHARMS using any internet-capable device (check your app store for the parent/student app – app instructions on next page).
- Visit charmsoffice.com and click “ENTER” at the top right.
- Select “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN”
- Log in to the BTWHS Band account with this school code: btwhsband
- If this is your first time logging in, type in your student’s 6-digit school ID (lunch number) in the “Student Area Password” field. You will be asked to change to a more secure password the first time you log in. If this is NOT your first time, enter your personalized password.
Forgot your password? Contact Mrs. Smith to reset your password.
CHANGE CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Click the blue “Updated Info” icon.
- Student’s info can be changed on this page. Scroll to the bottom to select the adults listed on the student’s account.
PLEASE keep your contact information current!
CHECK STATEMENT/MAKE PAYMENT WITH PAYPAL:
- In the HOME menu, click the wallet & money icon labeled “Finances”.
- You can view your student’s balance here. Band fees, guard fees, and rental fees are all listed as a Trip Ledger, so please don’t panic if you see charges there and your student is not going on a trip with us.
- Scroll down to the trip ledger and use the drop-down menu that says “———-SELECT TRIP———“ to select the trip/fee you want to pay for, then click the blue “Make Trip Payment” button. This will take you to PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to pay any fees.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
- In the HOME menu, click the blue “Volunteer” icon.
- Select an event from the drop down menu and follow along. Thank you for volunteering!
RECORD PLAYING ASSIGNMENT:
- In the HOME menu, click the blue “Recording Studio” icon.
- Click the green “Assignments” button on the right.
- Click on the assigment you wish to complete.
- Click the red circle to begin recording. Click again when you finish. You can hold up to 6 takes and then upload the best one.
CHARMS OFFICE ASSISTANT STUDENT APP
- Open the student CHARMS Office App.
- Enter “btwhsband” as the school code.
- Enter your account password (see front page for more info).
- Touch “Enter CHARMS”
MENU BUTTON, TOP RIGHT, WILL TAKE YOU TO
- Recording studio: submit assignments, listen to previous recordings, listen to accompaniment tracks left by instructors
- News: latest news here
- Calendar: view the calendar and upcoming events
- Email leaders: email either Mr. Young, Mrs. Smith, and members of our boosters
- Handouts: digital copies of handouts
- Finances: view your statement here – no PayPal payments through the app yet!
- Volunteer: sign up for volunteer shifts as they become available
- Your profile: view and update your information on this screen. Touch the icon on the right to view and update adult information.
- Your password: change your password here. As always, if you forget your password email Mrs. Smith ([email protected]) to have it reset to your student ID.
TO RECORD & SUBMIT A PLAYING ASSIGNMENT:
- Open the Recording Studio
- Touch the 2nd icon from the left to open assignments
- Touch the red dot of the assignment you want to complete
- Read and follow instructions, then touch the red dot to begin recording. Follow prompts to re-record or submit assignment.