2019 Band Trip & Trip MeetingPublished: 2018-06-28 12:52:57 by jsmith
2019 BTWHS Band Trip: Washington D.C. & Philadelphia, PA March 13-18
TRIP INTEREST MEETING: 8/23 @6:30PM
All students that want to travel with us must attend this meeting with a parent/guardian. We'll discuss our tried & true travel methods and ask you to sign the trip contract and take your cash/money order down payment. ($200 for students, $300 for chaperones)
- In D.C.:
- Tour the National Archives
- Tour a Smithsonian Museum
- Tour the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Tour the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Guided night tour of memorials and monuments
- Jefferson Memorial
- FDR Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Memorial
- Korean War Memorial
- World War I Memorial
- Washington Monument
- In Philadelphia:
- Tour the U.S. Mint
- Tour the National Constitutional Center
- Sightsee at the top of One Liberty Observation Deck
- Guided bus tour of Philadelphia
- Tour the Academy of Natural Sciences
- Escape room
- Meals (included with trip) tentatively planned at
- Hill Country BBQ in D.C.
- Carmine's in D.C.
- Geno's Steaks in Philly
- Hard Rock Cafe in Philly
- Buca di Beppo in Philly
HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST?
STUDENTS (4 per room): $845 *discounted total for cash/check/money order payment: $800
Chaperones (2 per room): $965 *discounted total for cash/check/money order payment: $915
Chaperones (1 per room): $1190 *discounted total for cash/check/money order payment:$1130
WHO IS ALLOWED TO SIGN UP?
- students that are academically eligible (GPA of 2.0 or higher)
- students that do not have referrals on file
- students that do not owe fees from previous years
- students that have paid 2018-19 fees in full
- students that have NOT paid 2018-19 fees in full
- these students must make an additional $50 per month payment to fees in addition to their trip payment
*Nobody will board the bus to travel with us until 100% of all fees and trip payments are paid in full.*
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- attend the trip meting with a parent/guardian
- read and sign the trip contract
- turn in a $200 down payment in cash or money order only
- attend the trip meeting
- read and sign the chaperone contract
- turn in a $300 down payment in cash or money order only
WHAT'S A BAND TRIP?
Summer reading 2018Published: 2018-06-25 14:43:35 by jsmith
Wildcats, make sure you take time to get your summer reading finished!
SuppliesPublished: 2018-06-06 12:45:06 by jsmith
We don't sell or provide supplies for students. They are responsible for maintaining any and all items needed to be able to perform successfully.
Every student should have a pencil every day. Many students are more successful with a binder and page protectors than the paper Schmidt's folder we gave them - add a pencil pouch with holes punched in it and you have everything in one spot!
Students/parents can buy all the instrument supplies they need at any of the local music stores: Schmidt's Music, Blues Angel Music, Leitz Music, and Tringas Music. Brass students will need their own valve oil, tuning slide grease, etc. Anyone that plays a reed instrument will need to provide their own reeds and cork grease. Anyone playing a school-owned wind instrument must provide their own mouthpiece. Percussion students will need to purchase their own sticks, mallets, etc., though they should check with Mr. Lawrence Young to see what brand/model he recommends.
Looking to upgrade a wind instrument? Go try some step-up mouthpieces! They can make a HUGE difference without the cost of an intermmediate or advanced level instrument.
Speak to instructors if you'd like brand or model recommendations!
Week 2 of Rookie Camp 2018Published: 2018-06-05 07:59:37 by jsmith
We're halfway there! Our new student leaders are doing a great job keeping the rookies engaged and coming back for more. We're posting pictures on our FaceBook page and on the Media page here on our site.
Parents, are you off during the week? Want to check out the process and help keep an eye on the kids while they work outside? Log in to Charms and click the "Volunteer" button. Pick a date you can help out and sign up.